Sun 4th Dec 2011

On Sunday my Dad took me to Colwick Country Park and after a couple of minutes we thought we saw a Goldcrest and then further on into the park we saw a lovely Mandarin Duck and my Mum called it a steamboat. And another highlight was a beautiful black swan which had a lovely red bill with a goregous white stripe across it.The Black Swan is native to Australia so this must be an escapee. After a while it started to rain so we started walking back to the car and on the way we counted a few Robins sheltering from the rain. I really enjoyed my day at Colick Country Park. Below are my pictures of the birds I saw.


Mandarin Duck

Black Swan

3 comments:

  1. That duck is awesome James!! Are they particularly common? I've never seen on like that before :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photo's, really like the first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. You don't often see a Mandarin duck round here I was very lucky.

    ReplyDelete