Friday 16th December

Today I went down to the Delta in Attenborough Nature Reserve and it was really enjoyable as soon as I crossed the railway line a Kingfisher shot accross my path it was a striking blue colour and flew really quick. Down by the delta gate I saw three Bullfinches there breasts really red. I tried to see some woodpeckers here but none turned up.

I carried on towards the delta bund and along the way I spotted a Wren, Redwing and a few Fieldfare. On the ponds were Gadwell, Shoveler and Wigeon. Also on main Pond was a male Goldeneye doing some sort of courtship move, but I couldn't find a female.

Also spotted loads of Blue Tit and Great Tit along with Greenfinches and Robins.

When I got back to the railway line I spotted a Great Spotted Woodpecker flying and landing on the top of the trees.

A great couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment